Walker Projects Inc. is seeking a Civil Engineer to join their team. Walker Projects is a multi-disciplinary Consulting Engineering and Project Management services firm based in Regina. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking a challenging position within a professional services organization.
This position provides design and project management of various civil projects with the focus on municipal water and wastewater treatment facilities. This includes research, preparation of reports, and conducting assessments. The Civil Engineer collaborates with the project team to develop, design, and prepare contract documents and drawings, as well as coordinating meetings with stakeholders, site inspections, and ensuring quality control is completed while maintaining a high level of safety.
- Management of scope, schedule and budget for assigned projects.
- Stakeholder management including client relations, and coordination with regulators and other third parties.
- Demonstrate coordination, communication and coaching of the project team, typically consisting of internal project and design staff, clients and external contractors.
- Deliver conceptual and preliminary engineering through assessments, investigations, and analyses of conditions, capacities, operations, methods, valuations and other principle features. Form conclusions & recommendations and establish project requirements.
- Perform detailed design work through detailed calculations, use of design software, selection of materials and equipment, preparation of reports, and assisting in the production of construction drawings and plans.
- Prepare contract documents including tendering instructions, agreements, specifications, and associated drawings.
- Provide quality control reviews and reports.
- Assist with contract administration throughout construction.
- Determining project scope, schedule and fees, resource planning, and preparation of proposal materials as required.
- Reviewing assigned requests for proposals/requests for quotations and evaluating suitable opportunities to pursue with the appropriate level of approval.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering in a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer or Licensee with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan.
- Minimum of five years of engineering experience in a similar industry or role with direct experience in the design and construction of water and wastewater facilities.
- Demonstrated skill with a broad range of engineering tools, analysis and design in a professional consulting practice.
- Technical document writing capabilities.
- Knowledge of project management principles and processes.
- Knowledge of local conditions, policies and procedures, and codes and standards a requirement.
Walker Projects offers exciting work and a competitive salary and benefit program. To apply, please submit your resume to Michele Pyne, Director, Human Resources at HR@walkerprojects.com by 5:00 pm October 25, 2019.