Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator
Position – Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator
South East Construction L.P. is currently recruiting for a Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator position to perform the job duties identified below.
To qualify, the Direct Responsible Charge Operator of the facility will hold, at a minimum, certification as a Class III Waste Water Treatment Operator, licensed to practice within the Province of Saskatchewan.
The sewage works consisting of a Class 3 wastewater treatment facility and a Class 1 wastewater collection facility. The Sewage Treatment Plant includes three (3) train treatment modules containing: primary treatment of 3mm fine screens to equalization tanks, secondary treatment of aeration, membrane biological reactors, ultraviolet disinfection and effluent irrigation.
This position will be 15 days on / 13 days off shift rotation, 10-hours per shift. This schedule may be subject to change based on the needs of the client.
This position will be located at BHP Jansen Mine, 10km South of Leroy, SK.
This position will answer directly to the on-duty Superintendent. Your duties will consist of but not be limited to:
- Attend, and be an active participant in morning toolbox meetings and weekly safety meetings.
- Adhere to the company and site requirements and policies and participate in the safety programs on site
- Report any unsafe acts to the Supervisor immediately
- Maintaining plant records, including operating logs, daily diaries, monthly and annual reports, chemical inventories, equipment inventories, and data logging duties.
- Adhere to the requirements of the Ministry of Environment and any other regulatory requirements.
- Comply to the requirements of the Quality Assurance Plan for the plant
- Perform laboratory tests and sampling around site as required.
- Inspect plant equipment and put in notification for work orders for corrective work to be completed to maintain the plant at its peak performance.
- Performing preventative and corrective maintenance on plant mechanical equipment, for example chemical feed pumps, online analyzers, pumps, piping, valves, etc.
- Participate in developing, be able to read and follow Safe Operating Procedures or Work Instructions
- Assist in recording all data, including daily flows, chemical usages, pump run times, test results etc.
- Maintain the wastewater plant grounds to a good standard.
- Inventory, receipt, handling and use of the chemicals safely and as per operating procedure for the requirements of the plant.
- Participate and engage in the plant audits by the company, client or regulators
- Ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are followed.
- Participate in all site required safety inspections, safety meetings, and follow safety rules. You must take part in all site safety meetings, internal audits, performance reviews, as well as any and all site-specific training.
- Mentor apprentice operators in understanding the operation of the plant but as well to continue their career.
- Other duties as required to support requirements of maintenance contract on site.
The successful candidate will have:
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Minimum of Class III Waste Water Treatment Operator, licensed to practice within the Province of Saskatchewan
- Preference for candidates with a Waste Water Collection Operator license for Saskatchewan
- Must be open and flexible to change, take initiative and be a team player
- This position requires the incumbent to undergo a Drug and Alcohol Test as well as a Fit Test.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Nick.Blackwell@kdmco.ca and Alexis.Nyandwi@kdmco.ca. Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in the job and which skills, experience, and/or education make you an excellent candidate for South East Construction L.P.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Open until suitable candidate is hired.