WATER & WASTEWATER PLANT OPERATOR (LEVEL 1)
H2O INNOVATION IS LOOKING FOR A WATER & WASTEWATER PLANT OPERATOR (LEVEL 1)
Choose a career at H2O Innovation with a team of passionate and highly self-motivated water treatment professionals working on multidisciplinary challenges in an international, dynamic and ever-growing environment.
Here, we encourage entrepreneurship and celebrate achievements. We work together to reach ambitious goals in an environment where fulfilling commitments and integrity are valued.
H2O Innovation is known for its state-of-the-art water and wastewater treatment systems as well as providing water and wastewater plant operations and maintenance management support across North America. H2O is seeking Water & Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators in the Kananaskis Region facilities. Your care and attention to detail will ensure that all visitors have a pleasant visit in the Park.
Reporting to the Operations Lead and Project Manager, the Water & Wastewater Plant Operator will be responsible for:
- Consistently offering professional, engaging and friendly service;
- Ensures all work is performed in a safe and efficient manner;
- Maintenance and operation of the treatment plants and pumping stations according to related Government standards;
- Maintenance and operation of the filtering and chemical treatment process;
- Conduct regular inspections of the collection and distribution systems as well as the plants;
- Maintain all related readings and documentation;
- Keeping a daily log and documenting of analytical parameters;
- Completion of work orders for servicing and repairs;
- Performing general facility maintenance work: cleaning, snow removal, grass cutting;
- Recommending the purchase of goods and equipment, and maintain inventory;
- Providing reports to government agencies, departments, and other organizations as required;
- Compliance with all safety and sanitation policies;
- Ability to communicate effectively with other personnel and supervisors;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES DESIRED
- A minimum of Level 1 in all 4 Water/Wastewater disciplines required;
- Experience operating and maintaining Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants and related equipment required;
- Must be flexible and demonstrate a dedication to the position and to public services;
- Computer literate with ability to use Microsoft Word, and Excel;
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License required;
- Must be able to perform on-call services on a rotational schedule;
- Excellent and professional oral and written communication skills;
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Walking & Standing: 4-8 hr/day;
- Bending & Reaching: 4-8 hr/day;
- Pushing & pulling: 4-8 hr/day;
- Driving 4-6 hr/day;
- Physical Effort: does not lift weights more than 100 lbs;
- Environmental Stress: busy atmosphere, working inside and outside.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors in often in harsh weather conditions.
The selected candidate will be recognized for his/her organizational skills, rigor and analytical skills. He/she will be autonomous in addition to being comfortable in a multi-tasking environment. The candidate will be goal oriented and will act as a team player, who not only will share his/her knowledge, but who will also have the desire to learn continually. Lastly, he/she will demonstrate a professional and positive attitude towards his/her team and the external & internal clients.
Overall remuneration including:
- Group insurance plan;
- Share Purchase Plan;
- Vacation and sick days.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter by e-mail to
H2O Innovation is an equal opportunity employer.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
H2O Innovation designs and provides state-of-the-art, custom-built and integrated water treatment solutions based on membrane filtration technology for municipal, industrial, energy and natural resources end-users. The Corporation’s activities rely on three pillars which are i) water and wastewater projects; ii) specialty products and services, including a complete line of specialty chemicals, consumables, specialized products for the water treatment industry as well as control and monitoring systems; and iii) operation and maintenance services for water and wastewater treatment systems. For more information, visit www.h2oinnovation.com.