A regular membership is in the name of the individual not the employer. A supplier membership is in the name of the company. Memberships run from January 1 to December 31 of each year.
In order to be eligible for awards given out by the SWWA you must be a member in good standing.
Only regular members are allowed to vote at the annual AGM held at the conference.
- A reduced rate on all SWWA functions (workshops, golf tournaments and annual conference).
- SWWA members have access to a wide networking range that includes other affiliates in the neighboring provinces of Manitoba and Alberta along with Western Canada Water; this is especially useful for feedback on concerns, issues and possible solutions that others may be dealing with as well as support for those in the situations looking for answers.
- Current SWWA members can attend the annual conference as delegates at a special delegate rate- the non-member rate is significantly higher.
- All members will also receive the Western Canada Water magazine that is released four times per year and all members receive reduced rate on WCW events/training and MWWA events/training.
Company memberships are for those who supply products and services for the members of the SWWA. Benefits of being a company member include:
1. Lower rate on all SWWA events including access to all SWWA networking events
2. Opportunities to advertise on the supplier page and the SWWA Pipeline magazine
3. All those who purchase a tradeshow booth are given an automatic company membership to allow access to all member events at a discounted rate
The SWWA has several opportunities for those looking to be involved in the association. Board members are elected at each annual SWWA conference for a period of two years. As part of the SWWA board you will be required to attend Executive Board Meetings (5-6 per year), annual events such as the SWWA Golf Tournament and Annual Conference/Tradeshow event, you will also be involved in the decision making and planning for these activities.Those interested in becoming part of the SWWA Executive can contact the SWWA office,
Not sure if you have the time to volunteer for the Executive Board? The SWWA is currently looking for volunteers to assist with events at the annual conference in November.
Those interested in volunteering can contact Calle at the SWWA office by phone (306)668-1278 or by email at email@example.com